Below is a summary of Westcon-Comstor’ RMA Policy. Please ensure you review and understand our policy before logging an RMA with us.
- CRMA’s (Return for Credit)
- TRMA’s (Return for Replacement / Repair)
- Returns Procedure
#1 - CRMA’s (Return for Credit)
A CRMA will only be authorised under the following conditions:
- The request is submitted within 14 days of the date of our sales invoice
- The product(s) are unused (except for Evaluation Returns), in original packaging, complete with full accessories and manuals and in resaleable condition.
- Products sold on a non-returns basis are excluded.
- The CRMA authorisation number is valid for 14 days. If the product(s) are not received by Westcon-Comstor within 14 days of authorisation then the CRMA will lapse
- The product(s) must be returned to Westcon - Comstor in its original condition. Failure to return any item or component in original condition will result in a credit not being issued.
- Licenses, Smartnet & Maintenance Contracts are subject to Vendor approval and will only be authorised for Credit upon this approval being granted.
All authorised CRMA’s will incur a Restocking Fee, unless the reason for CRMA is a result of Westcon-Comstor error.
The amount credited will be the original sale price as invoiced less any Restocking Fees.
#2 - TRMA’s (Return for Replacement / Repair)
A TRMA will only be authorised if the product(s) falls into one of the following two categories - 1. DOA (Dead on Arrival) OR 2. Warranty DOA’s
- Products found to be defective out of the box or “dead” on arrival, may be returned for replacement within the manufacturer’s specified DOA period.
- Product(s) returned as DOA and found not to be faulty will incur a $100 handling fee.
- Westcon-Comstor will review the TRMA request and evaluate with regard to the manufacturer’s warranty terms
- If Westcon-Comstor are to process the warranty, a replacement or repair will be coordinated with the manufacturer.
- In the event that the warranty claim is not handled by Westcon - Comstor, then an alternative contact will be provided.
If an item is deemed to be 'network critical' then it is advisable to purchase a maintenance contract for that item. Advance replacements will not be provided as a matter of course, are at the full discretion of Westcon-Comstor and will only be authorised in extreme circumstances. If an Advance Replacement is authorised the product(s) will be invoiced at current pricing. A full credit will be issued once the defective item(s) have been returned to Westcon-Comstor.
#3 - Returns Procedure
- Product(s) must not be returned until you receive authorisation and shipping advice. Product(s) returned without authorisation will be returned at the Reseller’s cost.
- Once the RMA request has been approved, you must return the product(s) to Westcon-Comstor by printing and attaching the RMA Address Label to the box. Failure to use this RMA Address Label will result in a delay in processing the RMA or the product(s) may be returned to you.
- All return freight to Westcon - Comstor is the responsibility and cost of the Reseller.
- Westcon-Comstor accepts no responsibility for loss or damage incurred in transit. The product(s) will not be considered returned, unless a duly authorised Westcon - Comstor representative has issued a signed receipt.
- When the product(s) arrives at the Westcon - Comstor, it will be checked to ensure that the contents match the RMA that was authorised and if not, the product will be returned at the Reseller’s cost.